We have a very dedicated team of staff. At Springbank Nursing Home, each resident is cared for by staff, with respect, dignity and freedom of choice, in a safe and well equipped environment which may be regarded as “home from home“.
Job Title:Care Assistant
Salary:£8.25 per hour plus Attendance Allowance (T&C apply)
Responsible To:Registered Manager
Hours: We are looking to recruit Full time and Bank/Zero hour contract Care Assistants. The applicants must to be flexible to work early, late and long day shifts.
Aims of Position
- To actively participate with other members of staff in meeting the personal needs of residents in such a way as to respect the dignity of the individual to promote independence.
- To actively participate with other members of staff, in meeting the social needs of the resident.
To help in the care of the residents physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities in the Home.
- To assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, toileting, bathing and feeding.
- To provide adequate and appropriate care for residents confined to bed.
- To take appropriate levels of care when handling property belonging to residents.
- To help residents who have mobility problems and other physical disabilities. To assist in the use, maintenance and care of personal aids and equipment.
- To promote the mental and physical wellbeing of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreation.
- To ensure that unnecessary damage to the building and contents is not caused by careless movement of residents property – wheelchairs etc.
- To make and change beds, empty commodes, tidy rooms and undertake designated cleaning duties.
- To inspect, launder and repair residents clothing.
- To assist in the setting of tables and trays, preparing, serving and clearing away meals.
- To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- To read reports, take part in staff and residents meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To make written observations of the resident.
- To attend mandatory training courses relevant to the position as directed by the Managers.
- Practises safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- To undertake such duties as may be mutually determined from time to time.
- To work as a Keyworker to an allocated number of residents and to ensure their room is kept clean and tidy. As Keyworker, you will also be responsible to ensure the resident has enough toiletries.
Health and Safety
It is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others, including the use of the necessary safety devices and protective clothing, and to co-operate with the management in meeting its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Acts.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality in all matters that they may learn in the Course of their employment relating to other members of staff and residents.
This Job Description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as a complete list and may subject to periodic review.
Job Title: CLINICAL LEAD
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Category: CLINICAL
Salary: £17.00 per hour
Direct applications (not via agency) will attract additional sign on bonus (T&C apply).
As a lead clinician you have responsibility for managing and leading your team effectively. You should be a registered nurse with sound clinical knowledge with three years’ experience in a care home setting.
The clinical lead should have a strong passion and commitment to enhance the services we deliver. They should have a positive and flexible attitude and adopt a relationship centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference. Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent industry knowledge. Show leadership qualities and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care.
The clinical lead must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK. A current DBS will be required.
Come and join our team and ensure that our staff and people who live with us have positive wellbeing outcomes.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care Please call 01895 622500 or email email@example.com for job description and an application form.
Job Title: RGN/RMN
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Category: Nurses
Salary: £15.25 per hour plus allowances up to 83 pence per hour (T&C apply)
Direct Applicants (i.e. not through an agency) will attract Sign On bonus (Terms & Conditions apply).
To participate as part of a team in providing care for service users. To assist in the planning and delivery of care to service users ensuring that their personal, physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are met. To ensure that the service provides opportunities for service users to exercise choice and independence and participation in the community. To ensure that the personal dignity of each service user is promoted and that their privacy and confidentiality is respected.
RGN / RMN level I in Care, or equivalent – experience is an advantage but not essential. Training and development provided. NMC Registration Mandatory.
(a) To take responsibility (as and when delegated), in the absence of the manager or deputy, for the provision of care to service users and the safe running of the home.
(b) To contribute to the development of and assist with the implementation of individually planned programmes of care and activities according to each service users needs.
(c) To contribute to the establishment and review of care standards in the home.
(d) To undertake direct tasks and participate in shift changes if required.
(e) To undertake any reasonable task related to the provision of care as required by the manager of the home, from time to time.
(f) To report any problems/changes/complaints concerning the home or service users to the management.
(g) To have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety at Work, and awareness of policies and procedures within the home.
(h) To comply with NMC Code of Practice.
(i) To participate in the training and supervision of junior staff.
(j) To be up to date with developments in care, to attend training courses as required.
(k) To comply (as far as possible and practicable) with CSSIW Minimum Standards.
(a) To ensuring that the procedures relating to the administration of medicines/ controlled drugs to service users is adhered to.
(b) To assist in ensuring that clinical procedures are carried out effectively and follow good practice guidance.
(c) To ensuring that nursing upgrade of individual learning as required, is maintained and an appropriate personal portfolio kept.
(d) To communicate and cooperate with medical and paramedical staff regarding the care and treatment of service users and ensure that all treatment and instructions are carried out and documented.
(e) To assist mentoring of student nurses during their placements.
We currently have vacancies for contracts of up to 48 hours per week or on Bank/Zero hour basis. We are flexible to allow for the exigencies of the service, such as shift working, Bank Holidays.
Confidentiality is of prime importance in the normal course of duty. The post holder will have access to confidential information relating to service users and other stakeholders. Such information must not be communicated to anyone, unless prior permission has been given, there is a danger to health, or for legal reasons.